Jobs at Armstrong
iMIS Specialist & Application Developer
Must have experience with iMIS Association Management System by Advanced Solutions International (ASI).
Full Time (Preferred) or Part Time.
Implement, support, and develop custom solutions for clients in their use of iMIS, the leading Association Management System (AMS). Develop, upgrade, and develop custom web services and custom applications to extend and integrate with iMIS. Analyze requirements and architect solutions and workflows to client's business needs. Assist with coordination and oversight of project tasks; communicate and coordinate project status with clients. We will consider all iMIS experience levels (Junior through Senior), full or part time. We will provide required training and offer excellent compensation and benefits packages.
Customize and support our client’s website portals and Content Management System (CMS) and back-office operations based primarily in the iMIS Association Engagement Management System, consisting of CRM, CMS, and Association and Donor Management systems.
• Build and support custom applications using .NET C# and SQL in coordination with our talented senior developers and applications consultants. Communicate with clients, analyze and document requirements. Define and develop to specification. Contribute in regular status meetings.
• Assist in testing custom applications and enhancements to web-based solutions.
• Assist with needs analysis and fact finding for client requirements.
• Technical documentation and assistance in training clients on related functions.
• Participate in projects and project oversight and coordination.
• Enhance, troubleshoot and repair SQL database applications and iMIS custom extensions.
• Assist with development of online and backoffice reports. Crystal Reports and MS Access a plus.
• Ability to work alone and with other team members.
• Windows Server and Operating System knowledge preferred.
• Report to Consulting Director.
• Experience with iMIS by Advanced Solutions International. Knowledge of similar Association Management or Event Management Systems, such as iMIS, Aptify, Personify, Abila netFORUM, GoMembers, ACGI Association Anywhere beneficial. iMIS experience preferred.
• Knowledge of supporting/related applications such as email marketing, SSRS, cVent, etc. preferred.
• Contribute in regular status meetings.
• Strong Analytical, organizational and communications skills needed. Enthusiasm to engage with clients and colleagues to build productive solutions and solve interesting business problems.
• Ability to identify needs through investigative dialog, then design and development custom solutions. Adept at using analytical process and creative thinking in troubleshooting and application design.
• Experience in managing projects. Knowledge and use of PMI project model preferred.
• Strong knowledge of MS SQL database application development and Database Administration practices; SQL programming techniques, including stored procedures, triggers, cursors, and views.
• Website management (CMS) knowledge, especially iMIS RiSE, including style sheet (CSS) development preferred.
• Excellent organization, communication and troubleshooting skills, with attention to details required. Must be able to track and record time spent on various projects to facilitate billing.
At Armstrong, we provide a supportive environment with challenging and exciting work that makes a difference in the world and is rewarding. Our clients are primarily associations and societies with missions to improve success within their field, specialty, or member interests. The work we do helps these organizations deliver knowledge and best practices to their members, helping them to achieve great things. At Armstrong we help Not-For-Profit organizations extend their reach, deliver on their missions, and improve their domains. We are highly acclaimed and recognized in iMIS and Microsoft communities.
Small office setting in Washington, DC metropolitan area (Fairfax, VA). Local residency required.
Light out of town travel may be required; plus some occasional local travel.
We offer excellent benefits to our employees. In addition to a base salary and bonus plan, including profit sharing, we also offer an excellent career path. We are looking for the right fit for our great working environment. Salary, bonus, profit sharing plus 401(K), personal/family healthcare plan, section 125 medical fund, long-term and short-term disability, holidays, vacation, life insurance, dental option, and ongoing career training. Great opportunity to grow with us. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative, and personally rewarding culture.
We will train a qualified candidate in specific application technologies specific to our trade, as appropriate.
Please send a cover letter and a resume in PDF or Word Doc file format to email@example.com